Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business and business-related fields. The association has four divisions:
1. Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) for high school students
2. FBLA-Middle Level for junior high, middle, and intermediate school students;
3. Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) for post-secondary students; and
4. Professional Division for business people, FBLA-PBL alumni, educators, and parents who support the goals of the association.
FBLA-PBL is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, and organized on local, state, and national levels. Business teachers, advisers, and advisory councils (including school officials, business people, and community representatives) guide local chapters. State advisers and committee members coordinate chapter activities for the national organization.
To bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
The specific goals of FBLA are to:
1. Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
2. Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
3. Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
4. Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home and community.
5. Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
6. Encourage and practice efficient money management.
7. Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
8. Facilitate the transition from school to work.
9. Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
I believe education is the right of every person.
I believe the future depends on the mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family, an educational institutions, as well as people around the world. I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community, and family life.
I believe that every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
I believe that every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school, and community.
I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and think clearly. I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.